THE RADIO AND PODCAST COURSE THAT WILL LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
THE ONLY RADIO AND PODCASTING COURSE RUN BY THE HOST OF A NUMBER ONE COMMERCIAL RADIO SHOW.
You’re at the early stages of realising your dream to break into mainstream radio or produce a successful podcast. You have the talent and ideas. But how do you convert that potential into a professionally produced show that will attract large audiences and lucrative sponsorships?
You could sift through a hundred blogs or sign up for one of the many courses run by inexperienced self-proclaimed ‘experts’. Either way, you could waste months of your life and end up with a substandard show that lacks the quality and content you’re aiming for.
WHAT IF YOU COULD START PRODUCING PROFESSIONAL SHOWS IN JUST FIVE WEEKS?
At The Audio College, you don’t just finish our courses as a graduate; you end the five week course with the knowledge and confidence to create commercial radio shows and podcasts. You’ll be coached by Simon Baggs, a 20-year veteran of commercial radio who is still hosting a number one show. Simon will act as your personal trainer, passing his knowledge and techniques to you, setting assignments, and guiding you as you start creating a show that will be ready for large audiences.
Every student of The Audio College will learn:
CURRENT INDUSTRY AND MARKET TRENDS
- Radio and Podcast statistics
- Audience trends
- Key demographics
- New markets and distributors
- Vocal techniques
- Beginner exercises
- Eliminating tension and nerves
- Word economy
- Building confidence
CONTENT AND IDEA GENERATION
- Choosing the right medium
- Understanding your audience
- Engaging/retaining audiences
- Audio editing software
- Podcast hosts
- Podcast networks
- Editing techniques and exercises
- Pro interviewing techniques
- Successfully marketing your show
- On-air chemistry (guests and co-hosts)
GETTING A GIG IN RADIO
- Creating effective demos
- How to contact and engage industry professionals
- Setting a realistic career path
- Understanding radio studio equipment
- Best industry websites for local/international markets
What will you get?
MODULE 1 : INTRODUCTION
During your first live video tutorial, Simon will introduce you to the podcast industry and explain how it’s changed during the ten years he’s been creating popular podcasts for top Australian networks. You’ll get the important statistics and trends, discover the technology driving innovation and how the market is expected to change over the next few years.
- Podcast audience growth, domestically and internationally
- Key demographics like gender and age
- Advertising revenue and market trends
- Class Q&A
- Podcast career strategies
- Finding the right niche
- Creating your mission statement and elevator pitch
- How content choices affect sponsorship
- Introduction to the course curriculum
MODULE 2 : THE VOICE (VOCAL COACHING)
As one of the hottest on-air talents to emerge over the past two decades, Simon has created unique techniques to develop and maintain his vocal performance. You’ll get every trick in Simon’s book as we dive straight into writing, performing and recording your first segments.
- Beginner vocal exercises
- Researching and recording
- How to analyse your vocal performance
- Physical exercises and warm-up techniques
- Dealing with nerves and building confidence
- Creating a daily vocal exercise regime
MODULE 3 : THE BIG IDEA (CONTENT)
Having a likeable personality and a strong vocal technique can only get you so far. Content is king. In this module, you’ll learn how to create the volume and frequency expected by a content-hungry audience. Most importantly, you’ll learn content techniques from a professional who has developed three hours of popular content every day over the length of his 20-year career… and he’s still doing it!
- Generating ideas and themes
- Naming your show
- Understanding your audience
- Segment production and interviews
- How content affects sponsorship
- Maintaining your audience
MODULE 4 : EQUIPMENT & RECORDING
Creating a studio is arguably the most daunting task for a budding podcaster but it doesn’t need to be a complicated or costly mission. Simon will explain the level of professionalism you’ll need to reach and maintain. Then he’ll take you through the process of building a simple home studio with affordable equipment that will help you start recording and editing your podcast in a matter of hours.
- Understanding the level of professionalism you need
- Field recording versus home recording
- Recording multiple presenters/guests
- Sound insulation
- Adding content and effects during post-production
- Audio editing software
- Basic principles of recording
- Creating and preparing files
- Getting your podcast online (uploading to a host or network)
- Creating tags, titles and descriptions for your show
- Getting listed on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify
- Equipment recommendations
- Host/network recommendations
MODULE 5 : FINETUNING (ADVANCED TECHNIQUES)
By this stage of the course, you’ll already be recording shows and beginning to gain a more realistic understanding of your strengths and weaknesses. Simon will explain how to refine your content with advanced editing, record excellent interviews and begin to leverage social media to rapidly build your audience.
- Editing techniques and exercises
- Understanding software capabilities
- The six keys to conducting great interviews
- Presenter, host and guest chemistry
- Using crowdsourcing to generate the right content
- Using social media to grow your podcast audience
- The importance of staying ‘on brand’ and sponsor-friendly
- Social media content types, scheduling and calendars
- Legal, ethical and moral considerations
- Social media publishing tools
- The advantages of having a website/page
- Creating show notes
- Getting the best ranking on Google
MODULE 6 : NEXT STEPS (LONGTERM STRATEGIES AND MONETISATION)
Learn why Simon has become the dream presenter/producer for hundreds of major sponsors. You’ll get an introduction to several monetisation techniques and discover which one is right for you. You’ll learn how to leverage each platform and sponsorship method, and the effect it will have on your podcasting career in the longterm. Most importantly, you’ll find out how to start making money from your podcast immediately!
- Choosing the right type of monetisation
- Donations and crowdfunding
- Affiliations programs
- Advertising and sponsorships
- Sponsored segments, promotions and giveaways
- The advantages and disadvantages of networks
- The opportunities and limitations of big sponsorships
1/ Every module is delivered live online by Simon Baggs
2/ Every lecture is followed by a live Q&A session with Simon where you’ll get answers and additional feedback to help you handle the course curriculum
3/ You’ll be added to the closed Facebook group which is a forum for sharing experiences, so you, your classmates and Simon can add new ideas and tips
4/ Simon will share video walkthroughs for the more technical aspects of podcasting including specific software and equipment guides
4/ Every student gets the 72-page Audio College book sent via email so you can get an introduction to each module, learn more about Simon Baggs, have a record of important exercises and get equipment recommendations
5/ Most importantly, Simon is more than a coach – he’s a mentor – and The Audio College isn’t a series of recorded vids or one-way lectures: it’s a community
All students will be a part of live group classes (recorded and available at any time for students), have access to a closed Facebook group for feedback and collaboration, receive the official Audio College Ebook, and receive weekly feedback from Simon Baggs. From the very first week of the course, you’ll begin practical assignments which will finally result in the production of a show that’s ready for the ears of podcast listeners or radio content directors.
Twelve months access to our closed Facebook group including 6 hours of recorded coaching with Simon Baggs and our 72 page official Audio College eBook.
Monthly LIVE Q and A
Learn how to get your start in the audio industry from a 20-year veteran and award-winning radio host and podcaster.
5 Week Online Course with 15 hours of live interactive video sessions with Simon Baggs. The Audio College eBook, Twelve months closed Facebook group access, Weekly Feedback, Learn at your own pace, Fortnightly Q and A, Bonus Content and Modules. Learn how to get your start in the audio industry from a 20-year veteran and award-winning radio host and podcaster.
(Most popular package)
For more advanced students looking to create career opportunities quickly, The Audio College provides packages that guarantee private coaching sessions with Simon Baggs, additional content and course modules, and Simon’s personal list of industry contacts. It’s the perfect way to fast track a successful career.
3 X 1.5 hour private coaching sessions with Simon Baggs, 5 Week Online Course with 15 hours of live interactive video sessions. The Audio College eBook, Twelve months closed Facebook group access, Weekly Feedback, Learn at your own pace, Fortnightly Q and A, Bonus Content and Modules. World Wide Industry contacts. Learn how to get your start in the audio industry from a 20-year veteran and award-winning radio host and podcaster.
5 X 1.5 hour private coaching sessions with Simon Baggs, 5 Week Online Course with 15 hours of live interactive video sessions. The Audio College eBook, Twelve months closed Facebook group access, Weekly Feedback, Learn at your own pace, Fortnightly Q and A, Bonus Content and Modules. World Wide Industry contacts. Learn how to get your start in the audio industry from a 20-year veteran and award-winning radio host and podcaster.